Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday (Really?)

 I got it at a yardsale!  Honest!  Today I woke up really late 8:40 and drank coffee outside.  It was warm and sticky already.   Upside?  The rain we received won't evaporate right away!!! Like Martha says:  "It's a good thing."

My dishwasher is not working.   I love a sink full of hot suds.
"His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me."     Seeing this little guy on the windowsill when cooking or washing is a great reminder that I'm not floundering away on my own down here.    He always loves me.  Always!


 Love this guy!!  And the slightly freakish hound at his side is okay too!
 One of my favourite blog features is OTTT ( On the TurnTable Today).  These find themselves in my 5 disc exchanger today.   I still love CD's and liner notes...all the best ones have fallen into the dishwater at least once.  
 I think blue is my happy color.  Actually, I KNOW blue is my happy color.    And green.   I love green.   Especially this green.  
 ....and I love this candle from one of my soul sisters.    And this clock which I got from IKEA.   
 ...and I love my bathroom.   I am a cleaning dervish.   Just a blur.   Super-fast.  Super-efficient. Super-clean.  Superwoman.   You can borrow my cape if you want to.
 Does your family love "I Spy" as much as ours does?   Little B and Joe had a great time with these for a bit of mellow time this morning :)
 ...and they colored.  I'm keeping the finished art in my WITL binder!

Before supper I dyed two shirts.  Dye-ing is easy.  Just do it!  


I did NOT cook chicken and zucchini stir-fry in the same pan.   A few months ago I picked up a new Jamie Oliver cookbook. Good food.  So simple. So fresh.  So yummy. 

And that's about it for today.  I took more photos than I thought I would today.  It was grayish and muggy all morning.   And I thought my chores would be boring subjects.  But I'm amazed at the fun photos that came out.

One thing that I've been doing is writing an essay each day.  It may about something I want to remember or it might describe a photo I took.  I love to write and it's only natural that I include something written each day.   Some days it flows and some days it doesn't.   I love the way I can make this project mine. 

I'm taking more photos than I thought I would.   And I'm going to develop more than I thought I would.   I ended up with great photos of our family doing their thing around the house.  My siblings live really far away and it's fun to show the everyday that I talk about.   I'm really thankful for this project.   It has become OUR Week In The Life....not just mine.

4 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

It is a real good way to get a glimpse in your busy life. From all the way here, we appreciate what you are doing here and enjoy it very much. You do indeed have a gift for writing. That is one thing that somehow past me by at birth. But I still enjoy life, my family, my work and how God brings everything together and makes it special.

joyce said...

Thanks for sharing your WITL with us! It has sparked something in me, being thankful for the ordinary. Oh, and I would love to borrow your cape...mine has alot of holes and wreaks of procrastination!

Tracy said...

beautiful photos. I love the you mixed the people and the things that make up your life. I might need to borrow the toothbrush shot...but you MUST send me that cape!!!

Karen Nieuwhof said...

As a sibling-in-law that lives 'far away', I must say that I love seeing your everyday life and glimpses of your fav things and people. :)
I love a lot of your favs too -- memories of my kids looking at I Spy; blue and green TOGETHER; music; good food; craft projects; photos, photos, photos! :D However, I'm not a cleaner and the offer of your cape probably wouldn't even help. ;P Thanks anyways! <3