Monday, June 14, 2010

On the Turntable Today....

It almost seems like there 6 CD's in the 5 disc chamber these days because I am in the car so often  ...like toDAY, when I had to drive SOMeone to LONdon to retrieve their TEXTbook!!!!   Goood times people!

So in the car I've been listening a lot to a blast from the past, an Avalon Remix CD, filled with dance music...a classic for when you need something that you know all the words to and you have to stay awake after a long meeting.   I know...you hear me.

  1. Another vintage disc.  City On A Hill -"Songs of Worship and Praise". I really wanted to listen to "This Road" which almost sounds like a traveling song.  We do that, we travel, we walk  alongside each other.   I also LOVE "You're Here" which talks about someone realizing that God is with them all along and God saying, "I'm here, I'm closer than your breath...You can't remember when I was not there..."  (Leigh Nash from "Sixpence... " on vocals.)  
  2. Pocket Full of Rocks - "More Than Noise".   I play this one all the time, and if it's not here, it's in the car, and if it's not there than I'm playing it at work....not softly.  Best songs...all of them.  Favourites:  "Alive", "When Love Whispers Your Name", and "Come As You Are".    My eldest likes all three of those.    I can't tell you how glad I am that he loves those last two.  
  3. Jon Foreman - "Limbs + Branches".   Any fan of Rufus Wainwright, Ron Sexsmith, and (some) Bob Dylan will LOVE this album.    Very acoustic.   Very un-Switchfoot.   Even a little mariachi thrown in and not in an unpleasant manner.    Favourite tracks: "House of God, Forever", "Resurrect Me" (even though it's a little morbid), and "In My Arms"(very romantic)...
  4. Toby Mac - "Tonight"...because I haven't been able to overplay it.
  5. Switchfoot - "Hello Hurricane"....same.
Some supper burnt during the writing of this post...oopsie.  We managed to waft the smoke away from the smoke alarms and keep the neighbours from calling  911.  Now I'm not sure how to take this but later that evening on our way to baseball, Ray mentioned that the smell of my hair reminded him of our Redeemer days.   I'm hoping it reminded him of his cooking and not mine.

An additional qualifier: this is the first supper I burnt (beyond recognition) all year.  So there.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I love the Tobymac "Tonight" CD!
nice blog...
Jonathan