Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Friday

Yeay!!!

What a fun day it's been, dear sweet people out there!!!

So fun to read your comments today. Way to go Anja!! Posting pictures is very easy...if I can figure it out...anyone can do it. Just use your digital camera and ask your resident teenager how the technology fits together. (Anja is one of my Monday morning stamping friends, and the mom of one of Joey's friends from school!) The only way I learned some basketball rules is by Ray explaining what all the whistles were for. You just have to watch it often....that's why I still know very little....

My teenager turns 15 this summer!!!! Dianna....just want to warn you. One of these days you will wake up and have a teenager of your own. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you! Joe turns 12 tomorrow. I hope my mojo returns in time for me to make a marvelous card for his birthday. My boys are no longer little lads. They are large lads. Craig almost looks me right in the eye, well two inches to go but soon I will no longer be the second tallest in the house. It was bound to happen. Joey is not far behind, always about a half a head taller than everyone else.....Maarten, his friend, is about the same height, maybe a bit taller....

Craig will be home any minute and I can't wait to see how his first Grade 9exams went and how he feels about the amount of studying he did. Perhaps it was sufficient, perhaps he will say it wasn't. He will be honest, one way or the other. I love when a mature comment tumbles out once in a while, these occurences seem to be on the increase. Ray calls them "lucid moments". When you hear in their voice that they do hear what you try to teach them. So when you tell them something for the 18th time....be sure that eventually it filters through. Persevere. It's soooo worth it.

We've been home alone all week, while Ray was on an audit in Windsor. The whole schedule changes. I have to be the first one up in the morning. That has actually been kind of nice. It gives you a whole hour more in your day. (Peculiar eh?...how getting up an hour earlier makes your day an hour longer....) Lovely sunrise again this morning.... Sent the boys off to their buses and headed off to work. Cleaned. Gave someone a ride. Came home. Cleaned the potties. Got my eyebrows done....Ray's coming home today you know! And I should go and have a shower. Joe's at a birthday party. Craig has movie night at youth group tonight....I imagine we will go and do some groceries. A lovely....non eventful evening.

Hope your weekend with your loved ones is great...


I am going to PEI for the last week of February. Arriving the 24th and leaving the 1st of March....a little whirlwind visit....but it will be such fun. I am looking forward to it. There are a multitude of details that have to be taken care of before I go BUT... one thing at a time.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

I know the whole eyebrow thing.. whenever Jordan is about to come home from a rather lengthy trip, its a simple must to make sure that I am all pretty and primped, including the eyebrows..they can become quite monstrous if they are not constantly "ripped off my head"! I just got mine done last week.. Wish Joe a happy birthday for me! Man your kids are getting old!of course the last time I saw all of ya'll was...well...obviously its been too long if I cant remember when the last time was! Hope you have a fantastic week! Love Dianna

The Nieuwhofs said...

They do grow up fast. And then they get married! Then the next chapter starts. If it happened to me, it could happen to you.
Time just goes and goes.

Hey Joe, Happy birthday!
TTYL, love, Randall.

Matt n Amanda said...

I can remember when I thought I was never going to grow up. Most days I really dont feel like it either. :) I doubt that grocery shopping was uneventful.. there is always something interesting going on... or IN your cart. haha
have a super duper week and I hope that you get your juices back to make a specialy card for Joe. I guess.. it is too late since he probably has it already. Let me know how it turned out!
Luv ya!
Amanda

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Happy Birthday Joe! Sorry we're a bit late. Hope you had an awesome time with your friends and family. Nicolle is a year behind you. She turned 11 yesterday.

The power went out before we got up on Tuesday and we just got it back today. Yeah for generators. Today was catchup day for laundry and dishes... Nicolle is having 3 girls for a sleepover tonight. What fun!

I'll try to write a new post tomorrow. Marten's waiting to play Heroes with me. We've been banned from the livingroom by 4 wanna-be-teenage-girls. :)

Later, Karen (and Marten)