Friday, January 18, 2008

Yippeee!

I only have one more load of laundry to do!!! And then I am sort of caught up. It's the little things in life EH?

I finished work for the moment and got to walk the dogs in the fields behind the railroad tracks. That's just down the street, which is really cool because within five minutes you feel like you are in the country. Just don't look over your shoulder because there is a transformer station there and the occasional 146 car freight train blows by....other then that it's quite serene actually. You take what you can get.... The pups are fine. Blixie was a bit sore while we walked but mostly because she was running. So she slowed down and the limp disappeared. You squeamish people might want to skip this next sentence.....I found the missing claw on the step this afternoon after we returned from our walk. There is a crevice at the edge of the step where it is cut to fit around the deck post. That must be where the incident took place. Yuckie and ouchie all rolled into one. I wouldn't go up the steps either if I was Max! He has decided that it is okay to use the front door right now. There are two concrete steps and then two carpeted ones.....not too strenuous.

It was fun cleaning at church....it didn't get too dirty after the last time I was there. It was good to have coffee with friends at break time, and just chat about life. Things that get you up and things that get you down. Good to have someone to discuss that with or else it gets stuck in your head.

The latest fun addition to my work routine is the use of my MP3 player. I got it for my birthday and have just now had some time to figure out the technological wizardry that is involved with getting music on there. I told Ray what a great Christmas present it was but he reminded me that I got it for my birthday!!! That's pretty bad but quite indicative of how the free time situation is around here(somehow work always gets in the way....hmmmmmmm). First Craig had to walk me through the technology....yes I have entered the season of my life where my son has to show me how to run the gadgets around the house. I know...I didn't think I was that old either. But there you have it.

So....having a device right on me sure is saving me a lot of time at work!! I can pop it on as soon as I have my coat off. I used to have to go to my bag, get my CDs out, get the radio from the cupboard, put it in the sanctuary, plug it in, put a CD in, go back downstairs, get my cart, go up in the elevator, and get to work. Now I just get the cart, go up and sing and dance and mop. Way less hassle. And when i'm done I just return the cart to my "office" downstairs and go home. I can keep the music playing while I walk home. I don't have to put the radio away or pack up my CD's. I must admit, though, that I am a little more self-conscious about belting out a tune without the sound of the actual song cranked up just a little louder than Princess. There's a little more hummin' going on.....unless I KNOW I'm there alone.

Way fun....I have an "office" and a "studio". Spaces to call one's own.

I did a little research today into what would be involved with a little trip to PEI in the spring. I'm so excited!!!! Nothing is for sure yet but we did find out that our Korean exchange student will arrive in the first week of April at the earliest. That leaves plenty of time to schedule a little get-away for me! Woohoo....

I was wandering along through the blogs earlier and have found no reference at all to the big surprise Randall was working on before everyone went home for Christmas....so in my mind's eye you all shared one room in that triple decker double bed bunk bed. (try saying that 3 times real fast!!)

And that fuzzy pink pencil is very becoming, Matt, but I fear it will not fit in your toolbox. You sure won't easily misplace it though and that's what it's all about.

Must go and reheat dinner. Yummo!

3 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

It sounds like Blixie may have been stuck for a short time. And if Max saw that, it may have put some second thoughts in his head about the steps.
Ahhh..., the railroad tracks. Fond memories about that.
So you have entered the gadget era as well? So has Marten. He's using it well. Who would have thought that?
Coming to PEI? That sounds like fun. Everybody needs a break now and then. Oh, and you are wondering about the furniture?
Well, .....lets just say that we had eight bedrooms in this house when the kids were all home. I built 5 bookshelves for various rooms, stripped the kitchencupboards out of the old appartment kitchen, put a vanity in and a new floor. Looks good now. That was the last room that had to be done over yet.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to see you in the spring.
Love, Randall

Matt n Amanda said...

Im glad that you got to see Matt's pencil..hehe. We all thought you might have something to say about that. matt said that he actually DID fit it into his toolbox. Glad you got your MP3 player working... it is nice to just be able to go whereever you want and not have to lug the whole entire radio.
I am going to write a quick blog.. but it was so nice to catch up with you. Have a super weekend!
Love Amanda
PS... Maybe I will come to PEI too and we can see eachother. :)

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Yup, we're at that stage where gadgets are beyond us. Nicolle got an MP3 and Marten got an Ipod. Yikes! Ripping, Syncing, ... so much to learn.

You're always doing laundry and Amanda is always cooking. Both such role models for me. Sigh... I dislike house work.

Do you always take in foreign exchange students? Korean? Does he speak english? Sounds interesting. For how long? So many questions...

You can tell me all about it when you come here. So exciting.

Love, Karen (and gang)