Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ahhhhhh...so quiet in here....

It is such a nice quiet moment in here today. Yesterday I was anticipating the arrival of the boys at this time. A good time was had by all. The Pizza's were very well received. The Oreo cake from the superstore was a BIG hit. .....my kind of cake....and all the boys are going to home and tell their mom's that my stove can't make cakes.....it has nothing to do with me. All the other food that comes out of the oven turns out fine, but cakes....well....I've decided that I'm just not going to put myself through that anymore. The superstore has much more success in that department, and for $9.99.....I can't make it for that. I'd rather make chocolate mousse from scratch for the same amount of time.....oooooh, now I'm having chocolatey thoughts again.

The weather was fine and no one had to sleep over. The boys live all over the place and it took an hour and a half to bring them all home. SO I was glad the weather was clear and dry. I could go 70km/hr on the gravelroads.....and there was a fair distance to go....oh, I sure hope Ray doesn't read my blog today..... It was so much fun to bring them home and listen to their chatter amongst each other, and to ask their opinions on different subjects. They're getting to be quite mature at times.... It was a good hour and a half.

Apparently the weather has not been so wonderful out East. Hope you all get power again soon! I had a nice chat with Tineke this morning and she related the fact that the kids hadn't been to school yet this week. Neat!! Glad you all have a generator. We have a tiny one that can at least keep the furnace running if something happens. That blackout a couple of years ago put Ray into survival mode. He fires it up every couple of weeks to make sure it is always ready to go. Our hot water is heated by natural gas so we always have hot water.

I finished my work at church for the week and it looks so nice and clean everywhere. It feels really good to have it all done.

Craig's exams went well and he is using his free days this week to visit with other friends who are done with their exams. They went to watch a movie in London this afternoon and had a great time.

I had lots of card ideas while I was working so I think I shall head into that part of the house for a while.....

4 comments:

Mary and Isaac said...

I'm glad yesterday was good and that the weather was fine enough to bring them all home again- not that a sleepover wouldn't have been fun.... it would be craaazy.
I just brewed some coffee and shall enjoy a cup while listening to a story and crocheting.
Hope your cardmaking adventure was fun!
Love you much,
~ Mary

Matt n Amanda said...

sounds like you had a good day! It is fun talking to kids and hearing what they think about all sorts of things like that. I always like that age... Most of the time. haha
I hope that you had fun making the cards too. I love you lots and I hop eyou have a super day! Love Amanda.
PS, does Uncle Ray ever actually read your blog. I could write anything I think and Matt would never know haha. luv ya!

The Nieuwhofs said...

Hey Amanda, comments like that can come back to haunt you.
Anyway, Tetcy, glad you had a good party. I like the Superstore cakes as well. I had Caleb with me shopping yesterday, and he picked out a nice big sqaure chocolat cake, Yummy!
We appreciate our grid very much these days. It is a full time job otherwise keeping everything going.
Say hi to Ray and the boys, love you, Randall.

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I am so in agreement with you. I can never make a cake so I always buy them from Superstore or Sobeys. They're so good though. Why go through all that trouble of making one yourself? hee, hee.

The drive home from the party sounded fun. I also had a great time listening to Nicolle and all her friends chat.

Tell Craig that I'm glad his exams went well. Yahoo!
Hello to everyone else.
Love ya. Only 3 more weeks til ya come. Another Yahoo! Karen