Thursday, January 24, 2008

Cloud White

Yesterday I had the fun of painting the playroom, soon to be office, in Greenbriar Beige. It's soooo cool!! All the window frames and casing and trim had their primer covered in Cloud White. I missed one piece of trim and then I am done.

Today it was church cleaning day. The first thing I had to do was to shovel the snow that has fallen in the night. It was good and cold, but the kind of cold that is totally exhilarating. The snow was the soft, fluffy kind that is just such fun and so easy to shovel, and everything looks so clean when you are done....just like the other day. But what stands out is the beautiful sunrise that I got to watch. The sky lit up in all colours of pink, peach, purple and orange. The GOD of the universe cares for me and I love His sense of humour because the only way for me to ever see the sun come up is for it come up at a decent time! Meaning....sometime after 8...I am not much of a crack of dawn person... ( I would see it if it came up at 7:30 too, but I could enjoy it's full splendour by being outside in it today.)

I got the church done in good time and in the afternoon I went to clean at Pastor Koole's and then I picked Craig up to go and see Joe's basketball game at school!!! It was such fun. Joe and his friend Maarten made the practice team, not the game team and they were really excited that they got called up to play. Woohooo. They played really well and the game ended in a tie, 28-28. I guess our school beat that team really soundly last time they played, and the coach gave some players the day off and called the younger boys up, who managed to hold the other team to a tie. I thought that was so neat. It is a much more fun game to watch when one team is always within one basket of the other team. It's nice for the other team too because it's so discouraging to lose by a ton of points!

Craig had a study day today and has an exam day tomorrow. Then Monday is a study day and Tuesday is another exam day. Then he will be done with finals for the first semester. At the basketball game I found that it is quite common for there to be a lack of urgency for studying in the student....the only sense of urgency is the one felt by the parent witnessing multitudes of studybreaks. Apparently it was good that I was out of the house working all day:):) He called me at church and asked if he could warm up some chili for us to have for lunch, ready to eat by the time I got there. That was a big treat!!

It is such fun to read the possible names for the new room. I was thinking of that sleeping on the beach feeling but wouldn't want people to track the sand out of the room. :):) Before it becomes a full fledged guestroom it will be Joe's room while our Korean exchange student sleeps upstairs in Joe's. Joe feels like this is a dream come true, and cannot wait for it to become a reality!!! A great feature for potential guests is the queen sized bed that will occupy the room....so if the prospect of your feet dangling off the edge of the double bed upstairs has been the major deterrent for your visit to the DeBoer's .....you needn't resist any longer!!! Book now...to get the week of your choice!!

For all those faithful readers who have been unable to leave comments..... I think if you click on the dark blue bar at the top of the blog on the "create blog" section.....you can create a blogger account and should be able to leave a comment. Your next step could be to create you own blog, but you don't HAVE to....It's just like a hotmail account and I think you have to leave an email address, but I have never had any spam generated by giving my address there. So...don't lurk any longer...join the fun and see if we can't talk YOU into blogging too!

5 comments:

Matt n Amanda said...

I do love shoveling snow! And to have such a grown up son at home warming up chili for you!
I always forget how old Craig is. He must be getting pretty old by now... joe is probably too!
When I seen them this summer I think I just couldnt belive how grown up they were. I can still remember when we had a fight with julie at Uncle Klaas's house and Dianna was crying. Craig went up to her, patted her hand and said "Don't cry, Jesus loves you" cutest thing ever. I like your kids. hahahahahah. Anyway. I am totally looking forward to your visit. Tell joe a very happy birthday from me!
Love ya!
Amanda

Mary and Isaac said...

WHAT!? Apparantly I have missed a ton in the last week. Suddenly you're painting the playroom, going to PEI, and hosting a Korean student? Man, am I ever out of the loop! What's you evening look like tomorrow? Or the day, Saturday? We haven't chatted in forever and I feel like I finally have a moment to sit while the world is spinning so fast.
And Happy birthday to Joe on the 26th (If I forgot to mention it on the day) faecbook more or something to let me know of your availibility. Love you much!
~ Mary

Dianna said...

Yeah I forget how old your kids are too! Craig studying for exams!Where does the time go?? I remember what Amanda was talking about, now and then I think about it and it is a memory to be cherished for years to come! I am just as much oput of the loop..when are you going home???
I'd love to come visit then! Love you lots and thouroughly enjoy oyur blogs! Love Dianna

stampinganja said...

Hoi Tetsy,

Sounds good to go to IKEA!!
I have set up a bloggers thing , now I have 2!!
Did something wrong wanted to go back, I don't know....
Just to difficult, I guess.
Maybe one of these days I get it and can I put my cards on there.
If those juices ever come back..
Have to get back to my laundry and cleaning. Talk to you soon, Anja

stampinganja said...

It's me again.
It worked!!!
All I have to do is learn the rules of basketball..........
Maybe Maarten can help me.