Monday, May 9, 2011

A Sparrow or a Chicken?(The Pace of the Journey: Part II)

Friday, for the first time in a while, I was able to do my job the way I want to be able to do it instead of just getting it done.  There's a difference when you are able to approach your work as a sparrow, who is worth more than many pennies, or a chicken, who is running around with her head cut off.  (Yes...DO take a moment to visualize....)

Friday, I got a hug from a bride to be because I took care of two details: setting up tables, and setting up chairs for a little "after party" in our fellowship hall (Yes...we are that kind of church.)   And I suggested that round table cloths are available in many colours at Dollarama.  I had time to listen that day.   I was at church washing the windows because it mattered to me that they should be clean.

And instead of putting the usual little grass pots on the table, I got the bright pink geraniums out of the sanctuary instead.   I made a little substitution....and it was such fun to add that little surprise.  Taking time and adding little somethings felt like I was singing "my song" the way I was created to sing it. 

I'm surprised, delighted and grateful that I am feeling more like a sparrow again.  

1 comment:

Maris Nieuwhof said...

It's unbelievable how big of a smile one little picture in my mind can make. LOL!
Sounds like you made that
bride-to-be's day! Happy that you feel like a sparrow again!
Love ya!

~Maris