Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring flowers after all those showers...

I never did get around to posting photos of tulips, crocuses and other spring things.   But yesterday, just before sunset it felt like summer.  A warm day ending with a warm night.   Perfect night for a campfire, after a nice day out and about.    I was able to be outside helping at the school golf tournament...a whole day of sitting at the end of a hedge row at the edge of the 16th green, listening to the birds and having the odd golf ball drop nearby.   I guess that's just as nice as a day of sitting at a soccer tournament.  Maybe I just like sitting.

Without further ado....It has been a wet summer so far.  Nice days for ducks...and these two wouldn't even set up in a row!!! 











The lilacs smelled so lovely when we set up the fire pit and the boys eventually ventured outside and joined us.  It was so nice.

























See my bleeding hearts?  They're crazy this year!!!!   Last year they didn't do so well...or was that the year before.











Hen...without chicks :(













And some spurge...it has such lovely lime green flowers when it blooms, it should really have a lovelier name! :)

2 comments:

Maris Nieuwhof said...

Wow, TT! What beautiful flowers! Thank you for sharing. Very cool! :]
Love ya!
~Maris

sugarnuggets said...

Thanks Maris...I am having such fun with my camera!! Glad you liked them!! :)