Monday, May 30, 2011

Getting Out On the Water.













Yesterday, late in the afternoon, Ray and carried the canoe and gear to the Sydenham river.  It's two blocks away down the street.   I love that!  This last photo is the Mill Pond.   The water hasn't been this high in years!   We were able to get to places that we've never seen because we could cross flood plain areas.   There's been quite a bit of work done to the Strathroy Water Trail over the past two years or so and you can tell...from the water.   It was a nice little outing!   So good to get back on the water and glimpse a different angle of creation...God's fingerprints everywhere.   Occasionally one needs to step away from civilization and just soak in it. 

I love my new lens!!!

PS I'm linking up with Fingerprint Friday at The Rusted Chain....

2 comments:

The Nieuwhofs said...

Amazing pictures, and it is so nice you can do the canoeing so close to home. Good for you.

artsyclay said...

Beautiful photos, and it sounds like a real adventure! What fun!