About that sweater.
Walk with me.
You reach into the closet for it, only to find that it isn't there. "I know I washed it!" you tell yourself because there is no pile on the closet floor and there is no pile on the laundry room floor. You check the drying rack in vain. It's empty. Everything has been folded and put away. There is nothing on the clothesline to brush out of the way every time you pass beneath it on the way to the washing machine. The only place it could possibly be is on the rack in guest room. But...the only thing on THAT rack is Joe's Historica Fair display board laid out in all its glory. The table beside it is covered with white paper, red paper, yellow paper, paper strips and bits, glue dots, and the paper cutter. No sweater.
And then...one day, I reached into the guestroom closet for an extra pillow and a blanket for a sleepover....and there were two sweaters(One, my favourite, and the other....meh)and a myriad of favourite undergarments that must hang to dry due to their underwire components. These are the ingredients of life that get hastily and absentmindedly whisked out of the way and put "somewhere".
Absentmindedly, because obviously the mind is absent! The location of the item does not register on the map of your mind: the usually reliable system that keeps order in the chaos. On such a day the scale tips a little closer toward chaos than order.
It happens and I am WAY beyond denial.
It would have been really Biblical for me throw a party.
3 comments:
I would come to said party!
And how are the other 99 sweaters feeling , after the lost one was found?
Thanks for the insider information. Always enjoyable.
Watching Canada win more gold in Olympics. Go Canada Go!!!!!!!!
I WISH I had 99 sweaters!!!
There'd be one for everyone at the party! :)
Go Canada!!! So many medals today!
Post a Comment