I am the only person in my household who drinks coffee. On one of my first birthdays as a newlywed Ray gave me a one-cup coffeemaker. He was so pleased with himself, coming up with the perfect gift! I used to drink instant coffee and it was a huge treat to have a fresh cuppa joe.
Ray would want this story to be told. It shows that he is a giver of good gifts, and I should be a better receiver:)
I had the Melitta cone with filter that fit over the coffee pot which worked really well, until the coffee pot got a crack in it and broke. I had a different pot, that didn't fit under the cone, and I always had to stand in the kitchen, holding the cone over the pot, while the water dripped through to make coffee. I only used the coffee pot when we had company...but when the one-cup coffeemaker appeared I immediately traded it in for a full sized coffee maker.
About a decade ago, we went on a family vacation with our young boys and spontaneously ended up at a cottage just outside Morrisburg, Ontario. It had a cute kitchenette, AND a one cup coffeemaker. We sped into town for Chef-Boy-R-Dee, milk, Cheerios, some hard lemonade, and a can of coffee. I had the most delicious cup of coffee of my life the next morning, and went on to extol the virtues of the one cup coffeemaker.
My Ray, he knows what he's doing. His ideas are quite avant garde. I tell him that the world just isn't always ready for his radical ideas. I have had a one cupper now for at least that decade. I love it everyday!! And I whip out the big gun when company comes, apparently I should assemble it more often so that I don't forget to put the lid on the pot. The lid triggers the pause-and-pour assembly to REMAIN OPEN. For when it remains closed, the brew flows over the basket and filter, into the open pot below, AND all over the counter.
So... it's very ironic that I ended up with a freshly brewed pot of coffee containing a quarter inch of coffee grinds in the bottom , 10 minutes before my book club was due to arrive.
3 comments:
Oh hilarious! That is a good one-cupper you have. It's lasted for so long... they just don't make them like that anymore. I wish I was closer to visit. Then I could have a cup with you every now and then.
Loves,
~ M
I'd have to whip out the big gun for that visit!!
For sure Tetcy. What a story, I can just see it spilling over the counter. I had it before. And just before company comes. That is when it usually happens. April will be here before you know it. And then you can have lots of coffee, even one cuppers.
Post a Comment