Tuesday, October 23, 2007

So Much Accomplished

Yesterday really was a day of sabbath rest. But it feels a little bit more like sloth since I didn't get anything accomplished. I did fart around on the computer for a while so I was taking it nice and easy.

Today I cleaned the bathrooms after I had lunch. Got home nicely on time from Little Lambs and had sooo much fun there. We are doing the creation unit again and we got to look inside apples and look for the star and for the seeds. It was so neat...well, then you have to eat the teaching aid right!!? So we had snack before snack!!! It could hardly get better. I have a neat teaching partner too and we have deep discussions about life before the kids come, while we have our coffee. A little adult time! It is interesting how you get different insights from different people. She is one of the retired pastors wives from our congregation and has a lot of life experience.

At our house...we are trying to figure out when we will bring the baby home and where we will put her. We had been contemplating the purchase of a new canoe for quite a while and it was just a matter of when. Many manufacturers are clearing out their 2007 models since they will step up production during the winter to fill the orders for 2008. Sounds like a car lot doesn't it? It will be a fun cartrip out to Acton. We have a busy weekend coming up though and weren't counting on the canoe coming early! We're hardly prepared.

This weekend is Bazaar weekend at the school, one of the fall fundraisers. There are tons of fun things to do there. They premake cabbage rolls, croquettes and pies to purchase. You can buy smoked fish. Go to the produce room for veggies and plants, sometimes even perennials.....hey I should pot up some of my millions of daisies that have reseeded themselves. I shall go and find some pots! There's a games room, a craft room (where I'll be working) and then there is food galore in the gym and kitchen. Outside there are burgers, fries, oliebollen, etc....and inside you can get soup and sandwiches and pie. You could spend the whole day there and eat and play and buy stuff and eat some more and then have coffee. Every classroom has something it in and so does the library. It is such fun....

Tomorrow Craig's friend Ian is coming for a sleepover. That should be fun. We haven't met Ian before. He is a new friend from highschool and both he and Craig are very excited. I talked to his mom a few weeks ago to arrange everything and she is excited too. Neat how your world gets bigger and you meet new people.

Yesterday was the maiden voyage of the HMS Ductape....I am afraid the vessel capsized early on in the race. There were two survivors...both glad they wore bathing suits. Craig said it was a lot of fun to make the boat and he and the team have grand visions and a new design in mind for next year's race. They figure that by Grade 12 they will have gained enough design experience to win this event(trial and error works that way).

Cross country is done for the year too...only two runners from the school went on to OFSAA which is a provincial meet. Craig is already talking about how to prepare for next season. We'll see how the offseason goes. Hockey will keep him in shape in the meantime....it has been very busy with all these activities and clubs and he deserves a rest.

A new adventure he has embarked on is joining the concert band. Practises used to be afterschool but then they switched to noon hour, but for some reason there is an afterschool one again today. But since XCountry is done it won't interfere anymore. He has already figured out that there will be NO slacking off here because there are only two trumpets in the band and if you miss your notes (or go flat) then there is no where to hide. His practise schedule has really picked up. I took a hymnbook home a week ago to write down some lyrics for scrapbooking and he is playing songs out of that now....Joe was even humming along the other day while he was cleaning out the dishwasher. I'm not sure if he realized he was doing that or not... it was cute....

I should skedaddle. I have a stack of scrapbook magazines that someone donated since they were tossing them out. I am going through them slicing out the pages that are truly inspiring and disposing of the remains. I am getting a huge stack!! Lots of layout ideas, card ideas and just neat new elements to make and try. There are also lots of mini album ideas, like accordian and tag albums to whip up. Sooooooo much fun and I'm so ready to try some of these really funky ideas. Some layouts use papers that are just ideally suited to that line of papers, so sometimes when you run stuck you can just peek through that pile for some instant inspiration.

So that's life in a nutshell, well....not so much a nutshell as it is life in a laundry basket. I am on load number 3 and am going to do one more load of towels and that should be it for a while. I folded and put away last night and now there is room for the new stuff. I had two loads of sheets on the line yesterday it was gorgeous weather! And no clouds in sight. I couldn't take the chance that it would get poured on again!!!

ttfn, Tetcy

1 comment:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I just have a second to let you know that I've read your blog. Marten just finished all the potatoes and is standing in front of the movie cabinet. Mmmmm... wonder what we're doing tonight? I must go.
It was a busy day of cleaning and cooking for the field so I'm looking forward to sitting on the couch with Marten.
Blog was interesting. You, as always, sound sooooo busy. But happy. That's good. Love, Karen