Well folks...it's official... a Liberal majority. Quite predictable but you always hope... right? So...we just need to persevere and keep doing what we've been doing. It's all about the long haul and all that good stuff. I WAS watching the election coverage but it's just no fun.
It was a fun day at church today. I DID set up my assembly station at church and made cards when no one was in need of the elevator. I want to head over there before bedtime yet to make sure everything is locked up properly. I made coffee for the elections staff all day and they just loved it. It really isn't that hard to smile and make people happy. But boy did some people come through our doors just oozing misery....I guess that's easy too. I can't see how it could be an easy exsistence. One lady just kind of barked everything instead of talking. She was on oxygen, carrying her tank in a bag over her shoulder like a purse, and she hollered, while standing in the front door, "What! Stairs!" like someone had planted them there for her torment alone. (and mine, I have to vacuum them everyweek, but it didn't seem like a good time to bring that up.) So...I offered the poor lady an elevator ride, which she accepted, but she was most unhappy about the whole event. I felt bad for her spouse who got cussed at a number of times.
I got to give some hugs too.... On Wednesdays our church hosts a group called Griefshare and when they let out I got to see a couple of the ladies I usually hug on Sundays. There are quite a number of widow ladies in our congregation with no family nearby and they get no hugs or physical contact during the week...so I hand out the hugs with reckless abandon on Sunday mornings. They love it! I don't get to hug my mom anymore but still need hugs like that so I keep telling them how much I appreciate it!!! Don't I just have the best job in the whole world?!
I really like going to work. I really like cleaning for Pastor Koole too. He makes the best coffee in the whole world. He grinds fresh beans every day....and there is just nothing like it. His latte is the highlight of my day!!!! And.... he buys SPRITZ koekjes!!! I get soooo spoiled. I have to go there tomorrow. Are you all jealous!?
My yoga/Pilates class meets tomorrow night for the second time. I missed the first gathering but will be there with my big bouncy ball tomorrow. I have to unlock the door for the choir anyway. During our class we listen to reflective praise music while we do our stretching. It's soooo relaxing and calming. And even at the end of a long day when I am tired or sore....I look even more forward to going because I will feel so good when it's done. The soreness in my back or legs gets worked right out.
I had to be at the church until 9 oclock and it was strange to leave all the night time routine stuff for Ray and the boys to look after on their own...and it all went just fine. i get the computer now because Ray is jogging. He goes every other day, he runs 5km or so everytime. I figure that since I vacuum an acre everyweek I get plenty of exercise....the Pilates just feels really nice. Besides.... table slugging....you should see my pipes....when I first flexed my biceps Joe thought I was taking steroids. Just kidding.... he knows they're real...I didn't need steroids.
There are tables in my tomorrow...but first...I shall go and check those doors and make sandwiches.
love ya, Tetcy
3 comments:
It's small things that can make people happy and smile. Why can't we all be like that? How easy is it to make coffee... give a hug... be happy at work... just smile at someone...etc. I feel sorry for that lady on oxygen. Not because she has the tank, but because she's so obviously unhappy.
I am sure that YOU spread a great deal of happiness around your church and community. You're a God-send.
Enjoy that pilates class and the table lugging tomorrow. %)
Consider yourself hugged... Love, Karen
Looks like you had a really busy time! Well i love you like a alot alot alot see yea latter
love ya Maris
ah sister, you always make me laugh, I lmao'd about you vacuuming an acre... sorry , it just struck me quite funny.
I guess i'm just really tired...
love ya sis... keep writing
Tineke and the gang
Post a Comment