Monday, October 15, 2007

Happy Monday

It was so lovely to start the day with my Monday Stampin' group. There weren't as many as usual but it was still nice to be together. It was quiet and that was okay too. I made a few cards and even got some into envelopes!! Now just stamps and they'll be on their way.

I did two loads of laundry before I left this morning and that felt nice too. It's all hung up and drying....I don't help with that part...

So there is not much going on today to report about.

I have started working on a new project and it is actually much more difficult than I imagined it would be. I have wanted to chronicle my favourite songs and what I love about them, for a long time now. But as I am gathering them and contemplating I am surprised by how personal it is and how vulnerable it feels to get these feelings out of my heart and onto the paper where someone else might see them. What will they think of me if they read this and know that I feel this way sometimes. But on Sunday night the pastor had such a neat illustration about the heart. His object was a box....or at least he described it because he didn't have it with him, it was based on a series he preached in his home congregation. He described a plain, corrugated cardboard box, dinged, ripped, a bit crumpled and scribbled on. And the other one was beautifully wrapped with perfect corners and invisible tape. He described how the plain box is the real us and the wrapped one is the self we like to present to others and sometimes even to God. I don't mind people knowing the plain corrugated side of me....if they know me at all, they'll recognize me....

2 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

My friends and I had a conversation regarding this last Wednesday. Not about a box, but about how what we show to others is 'fancier' and 'nicer' than what's inside or what we show to our families. I'll have to tell them about the box scenario this Wednesday.
Music is such a personal thing. I often get much more out of the music at church than anything else. I could laugh, cry, remember things, and daydream to a whole bunch of songs. It's very personal. Are you scrapbooking them, Tetcy, or just writing them down in a book? Whatever you write, it'll be good. Corrugated or fancy -- I like them both.
A little rippled myself, Karen

The Nieuwhofs said...

There is nothing more personal then what is in our heart. And exposing that makes one vulnerable.
It is not my cup of tea. It makes you think:" what kind of box am I presenting?"
I wish you all the best with that.
Love, Randall