Saturday, March 30, 2013

Just a Half Hour

The other day there was tons of work to do and it was overcast all day, and then the sun came out.  And there was still tons to do. I  just needed to see some wild stuff.   The water in the creek is running clear and fast.  Very cold.


 Turkey vultures.



Lovely pannicles.


 A lovely pair of geese was resting on the creek bank.   We settled in and to watch them for a bit.


 They were a bit unsettled and took to the water.




 Blixie thought this was riveting.


 And then she lost interest and took off exploring.


And came back.
And our half hour was up.


Some days I wish I had more than a half hour to see what's beyond this horizon.

And so I wonder while I wander.

I love wandering.  

2 comments:

Ms. Shirley Huinink said...

Me too!
I want to know though, how does Blixie come back from wandering, with no goose poop on her neck????

sugarnuggets said...

It's fairly clean where we go...and she usually only rolls under the bird feeders at home. I think it adds to her delusion of stealth....