There is so much beauty in the everyday things around us, if we only look. Sometimes we are looking down, focusing intently on something right in front of us...a task, a problem, a burden, and we can easily forget to look up. And there it is...even when the extent of your sky is the little square above you....dramatic beauty presents itself everyday. When a cloud moves in front of the sun, the light still shines powerfully. Isn't life just like that too?
Ray and I were staining the garage when these clouds moved in front of the sun. We always seem to leave that task for the fall and then we run into the overnight temperatures being too cold for the stain to dry properly. It usually ends up taking quite a while, but there's only one wall left to do....the side with the peak.
Occasionally we find ourselves on the road. On Sunday we went to Chatham and had a great time visiting with Ray's family. The Monarchs and friends were doing their thing.
On Monday we headed out to Toronto to take in a Blue Jays game at Rogers Centre. A good time was had by all... most of the time! The roof was retracted half way through the game giving us a clear view of the CN Tower. The Jays beat the Rangers and Joe entertained us all the way back up to Yorkdale station by doing chinups and such on the subway...it's how he maintains his lean physique. Craig...was mortified and sat with a different family.
Today is their first day of sharing a 45 minute bus ride to school and back home again, everyday for the rest of the school year. With yesterdays prelude, I'm wondering how that's going right about now.
2 comments:
I like that picture, its just like life, isn't it. Sound like you guys had a busy weekend. Blue Jays game, and they won too yet. I am gonna check on the last posts, and see what I missed about Wabakimi. I really enjoyed reading all about that trip.
Hope the boys had fun at school today. Its always a challenge, that first day of school.
Hey TT! Thanks for posting! Blue Jays game sounds fun! Hope the boys had a great day at school!!
I sent some snail mail away!
~Maris
Post a Comment