Tuesday, December 11, 2007

O Christmas Tree....

This is my funky little tree. I just had to share it with you because it truly is one of a kind...kind of Dr. Suess-ian and way fun!!! It's kind of rubbery with the texture of rawhide.
It was soooo suitable for leaving out when I had the daycare kids around the house. I found the forlorn little thing at the second hand store. This place is a treasure trove for amazing seasonal things. And that brings me to todays tip! I think we are on TIP #5 Go to the second hand store!!!! Most second hand stores bring out there seasonal decor sometime Late in November. You can find almost-NEW stuff at these stores. Table top trees, full-size artificial trees, wreaths (I bought five bare wreaths for Advent at church for $11!!), seasonal baskets (I have a basket by my backdoor that I filled with two packs of green moss from Dollarama), ornaments, snowmen, santas, angels....etc.... Of course there WILL be tacky stuff out there but for the diligent seeker, there is treasure just waiting to be found.

Today was a nice day...and I am glad to be home again. We are on the verge of freezing rain and it is messy outside. SO thrilled to get a ride home from Little Lambs because I had my good boots on. I'm so vain!
Visuals are ready for Sunday. Just had to add the "word-of-the-week" at the front display board on the organ side. I'd been asked to do worship visuals on a fulltime basis but have decided not to pursue it at this time. Loooong story...too long for here. I'm much happier having made this decision and no longer having it hang over me. That tends to drain my brain. I feel a card coming on....gotta go!

1 comment:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I'm still laughing over your Dr. Suess tree. How wonky!
TIP #5 is a good one. I love a bargain. 5 wreaths for $11 -- WOW!
I spent 4 hours wrapping presents today so I'm in the Christmas mood. My back is broken, however. :) I shall rest on the couch with Marten tonight. Betcha we'll watch a movie.
Hope the card turned out successful.
Loads of love, Karen