
After a fun morning with the stamping group I am home again. I got to have a bowl of soup before I left and thought I would update this general area for a moment before continuing on. This is what the front of the garage looks like this season. I thought I would share this one last picture with you, and maybe that funky little Christmas tree yet next post....
It was a nice weekend, conluding with a seniors and youth group dinner at church after the afternoon service. We do this monthly and this time it was Casserole Extravaganza Night. I brought Bahmi and peanut sauce....those who recognized it, enjoyed it tremendously. It is always nice to see the seniors enjoying a warm meal and they were very appreciative too. It is put on by the deacons... Once we got home it was nice and early yet and we could wind down before watching the Amazing Race.
We were supposed to get some freezing rain but it doesn't seem to have made its way down here yet. That's okay by me!! Tomorrow we have Little Lambs for the last time before Christmas break and I have a meeting tonight. It is still busy but it will be nice for those things to wind down for a few weeks and be replaced by some seasonal new things. Just like making cards....right now we are busy making Christmas cards but soon it will be regular time again...it is nice to make a thankyou or birthday card and use some of those papers and stamps again. We are ready for some holidays I think. I didn't feel well last night and went to bed early, I didn't even notice Ray turning the light off after reading for a while!! Slept like a log.
Decorating tip of the day! This is one I saw at my friend Nancy's house this morning, and it is something I do here as well! Keep some of your favourite ornaments on a window sill, or ledge, where you can see them all the time. I have some special ones from friends and it is nice to group them together and think nice things while you are doing the dishes there! Eventually your tree becomes so full you can't hang them all anyway!! This is nice for people who don't put a tree up for one reason or another.
3 comments:
I see that you're in the rustic mood for decorating this year. I like the wooden door/star. Very nice.
The Casserole Night sounds nice. I took Nasi to church once and everyone loved it. No one at our church had ever heard about it before. I had to write out many recipes. :)
I spent the day in town shopping. The Blazer was supposed to be getting fixed -- oil change and the heater is NOT working -- but they didn't even look at it. I came home with a G6 car. ?? Hopefully, it's fixed tomorrow. Sigh, back to town.
Tonight I'm looking through Christmas recipes to see if I have all the ingredients before I go grocery shopping Wednesday. Yum!
Do you bake lots? I just do a bit. Fudge, squares, Marten always wants an apple pie... My Mom and sister bring stuff when they come. :)
Love ya, Karen
that looks so fun.. I might dig out my christmas decorations box tonight and see what I can lay around here and there. I might even put my glass balls in my big vase... well see. Where is your house in comparison to the garage?
I am looking forward to not having to go many places over the holidays. It should be nice to just relax and take a break from everything.
It is not good that you arent feeling good. You should eat healthy and wash your hands lots... good thing you already do that already. :) :) love you lots and I hope you are feeling lots better because it is not fun to feel crummy.
Love Amanda
Hey Tetcy, it is starting to look a lot like christmas.
I see you guys have some snow too. We tried the snowmobile out on Sunday past. Damaris and I had a lot of fun.
G2G, love Randall
Post a Comment