We had an exciting phone call yesterday at supper time. Someone was fetching something from church and they spotted a bat flying around in the foyer. Yes....a BAT. So....they suggested we apprehend it and have it vacate the premises. We finished our meal and responded appropriately with a call to arms. Arm oneself with what? Well....we brought a fishing net, a butterfly net and an assortment of tennis rackets. I brought some towels too, why, I'm not sure. Definitely not to mop the blood and as I observed the bat doing very fast orbits around us...we'd never be able to throw a towel at it.
Who knows what one needs for this kind of stealth operation. Craig spotted it first...it was downstairs beside the elevator door, just kind of hanging off the wall. He quickly proceeded to excuse himself and the chase began. The bat went up to the foyer and dive bombed me for a while and then went up to the fellowship hall. Joe begged for a turn with the butterfly net, and the long handle seemed our best bet. I was not offended to surrender the net as I was not having much luck. My evasive maneuvers were not working. Trying to catch it but preferably not. Joey began to pursue the little fellow and had it in the net in no time at all. That's my JOE, fearless bat-hunter. Crikey! We let the little fellow go outside...hope he found a cosy little nook somewhere....just not in "MY" building.
SO that was out adventure. I think the bat got shook loose in the attic because we are getting a new roof on the church this week.
I've been putting the finishing touches on the plans for visuals over the next couple of services and have most things lined up and a couple of people to come and give me a hand. We'll have some seasonal music on and have a lovely time....some Christmas tea and goodies. Yum....
We are going to watch Elf together now, that's such a funny movie. What is your favourite holiday movie or special??
2 comments:
That's funny. I can just picture you all running around the church with assorted "weaponry". Good job Joe!
We love the movie Elf too. Nicolle loves "Blizzard" -- we watched it last night with her (Jason was having a sleepover at Aaron's). We also like all 3 Santa Claus movies with Tim Allen and "The Polar Express".
I probably won't be on the computer for a few days -- I have a feeling I might be a bit busy :). So... MERRY CHRISTMAS! Have a wonderful time. We'll be thinking of you. Love, Karen
Hey sister, first of all , a very Merry Christmas wish goes out to you and Ray and Craig and Joe!
WE love you all and miss you and wish you were here to complete the family for pakje day with the Nieuwhofs, perhaps someday you will be :)
As for Christmas movies, we just watched Blizzard as a family, and we all loved it! Gives the heart such a happy feeling at the end.
Anyway, talk to you soon, will call you some evening when the kiddies are at their dad's, Luv you soooo much.
Love Tineke, Aaron and CAssie
Post a Comment