Thursday, March 27, 2014

This is Yuma, AZ



Here is Arizona through my lens.
The flora.
The minutia that my eyes drink in.
The details that made each stop and each day and even the drive so memorable.
Come along!!

When I click on the photos, my computer drops them into a full screen slide show.  I wonder if it automatically does that for you?

A tree blooming outside our motel in Phoenix made me think that inspiration for Dr Seuss books is everywhere....
Yuma Territorial Prison, site of several movie sets, and the real wild west.   Lots of texture here!  And it was HOT here!
This is also the place where we caught our first glimpse of the Colorado River.   In the distance you see the incredible amount of agriculture that thrives along the river, and in the middle of this dessert, irrigation has been perfected.   A Google earth image will show a swath of perfect green squares along the river in a sea of sand.
I loved driving toward California.  I would NEVER rub that in!  We listened to Switchfoot's new album "Fading West"....love this song! 

Next stop?  Salvation Mountain, Niland, California.


1 comment:

Harriette said...

Sounds and looks so great. Thank you for sharing it.