Friday, June 28, 2013

Check....

I have wanted to go riding in the Rockies for as long as I can remember.

Even before I had heard of the words "bucket list"!!

I spent 4 or 5 high school and college summers guiding trails in PEI and there was lots of time to dream of Western type adventure. I always assumed that this ride would be in the Canadian Rockies, but I'm not fussy.

My horse's name was "Indian", and my beloved was on "Bruce".   We rode the trail system in The Garden of the Gods, in Manitou Springs, CO.  Really lovely.  A bit of history.  Once in a lifetime special.



And rather than post my whole holiday album on Facebook  I thought I'd share a few photos here and add a few stories.

Because I like stories.




We rode past this rock formation which was called "Sleeping Indian" and when viewed from the side....it really does look like an Indian laying on the ground asleep with his knees up. 

And boy are those rocks tall. 

A girl from the Island felt right at home with all this sandstone and red dirt!!


3 comments:

Nancy Linker said...

Beeeeautiful Tetcy! What gorgeous pictures!
I'm sure they do not do the real thing justice but thanks for sharing with us. What an adventure for you both! I would love to get together with you sometime to hear ALL about it!

Karen Nieuwhof said...

I love that you got to fulfill your girlhood dream!
I like stories too! Especially yours!

Harriette said...

I love the pictures and the story.