Today, I love my job! Do you ever have one of those days that is just so great that your heart is about to explode out of your chest? It's cold...but sunny. My fridge was full of bits....and they were all the bits I needed for casseroles (that everyone will like!). There was finally a woodpecker on the suet feeder! I had lots of work...but I could play the music really loud and finished early. I still have lots of work to do....but I love it.
I'm not going to list all the jobs I have. Whenever I do that people get tired. Reader fatigue should not be a consequence of stopping in here...it should be just the opposite. But...I do love all my jobs. My jobs take me to such interesting places where I get to make new connections and meet new people. I'm really thankful that the part time nature of my work allows me time for many volunteer opportunities as well.
I was reflecting on my place in this world the other day...and wondered if perhaps I was hiding my light under a bucket. And then I realized....naaaaah!! I still feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, doing what I'm supposed to be doing... as far as I can tell. Staying faithful to the process and being able to respond to various Nudges as they come along.
Of course, I can't tell for sure...but if it was all wrong I don't think I would have peace: my heart would not be doing jumping jacks today(maybe it's arrhythmia). I know there will be days when I get bogged down and stressed out. My circumstances may change and sad things may and do happen. Even being a parent is a tough assignment these days. But that's life, and conversely so many fun, neat and grand things happen too!
I hope you have some neat things happening in your day too...whether it is work or play...and if you're lucky then maybe both!

1 comment:
It is always so interesting to read your blog. It like a breath of fresh air. Work has been, uh, busy. Mostly with meetings and paperwork. But you still get tired from that too. Went snowmobiling today with Damaris. That was a lot of fun.
Post a Comment