The sun was shining almost all day today.
Operative word here: almost.
The sky has had beautiful big fluffy white clouds all day...except when I walked with the dog to the hospital to mail some letters. At that time, the sky became ominous and the clouds heavy and gray...threatening rain. I'm not easily defeated (most of the time)...and had been hanging laundry outside since 8ish (while it was still very sunny and the wind was chasing the clouds).... I hummed and hawed about whether to leave the laundry out or not.
Shouldn't have hawed so long...it blew in completely gray, and it starting pouring when I had about half the laundry off. Isn't life just like that sometimes? Okay...I'm going to say it...stupid rain!
I proceeded to finish my nice warm pea-soup...because by now it was cold, wet and yucky outside. Good pea-soup weather. And no sooner had I finished my lunch and rehung the laundry in various places around the house....than the sun came out.
It is now 5:30pm. And the sun is still shining. The sky is mocking me today....I would laugh along if it was even remotely funny.
4 comments:
Mmmm, pea-soup is such a great food on a rainy day! Makes you feel all warm and cozy. =P
Have a good day!!!
~Maris
My sheets were ready to go on the line earlier in the day, but for some reason, I just hadn't done it yet - and then it rained! I put stuff out after that, and it came in later, all nice and dry.
Sorry your's got wet.....
I love pea-soup, Ellie made me a pot full too this week, had a bowl every day, including one left in the fridge, for next time I need some. Too bad about your laundry getting wet. We don't like rain so much either at harvest time.
Can I laugh?!....not about the type of day you had, but the way you described it. Isn't that just the way though, hey! Love your photo.
Post a Comment