That would be the answer to "So...what's new with you?"
I should share that life is quite normal and very relaxed now that it is summer. August is going to be really busy and I was doing some scheduling and contacting people, today, to keep our world turning properly in the future.
It's been a bit of struggle the last few days. I'm not sure why that is. Once in a while you just get this feeling that a lot of life, and the things in it, are really insignificant in the Grand Scheme of things. There are so few things that are of eternal consequence and the rest....well it is just clutter. It's all important stuff, and God is in the small stuff. But...so many things can cause us to scurry around and lose sight of that. I was reminded today in one of my readings that worship is anything that gives God pleasure. So if I approach my day with the intention of giving God pleasure...then all of a sudden....the attitude I use to approach my work, changes. It goes from being a chore, to choosing to honour God and then it becomes a privilege....worship time.
I'm glad I read that today....and I'm glad I posted today or I wouldn't have remembered I read that.
PS I work every Sunday at church, and often you look at the whole day like that. Yesterday I honoured God by observing Sabbath rest all afternoon. I read a book in my hammock. I started out in shorts, too chilly in the shade, and ended up in pajama pants, my favourite hoodie, and an afghan. Then came the time that I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and I drifted off to sleep.... Woke up and finished my book. Ray barbecued a couple of venison steaks, I fried some leftover new potatoes, made a Greek salad and we ate supper together on the deck. Then the boys came home from hither and yon and we headed off to church.
PPS So...does anyone out there have ANY Irwin Lake pictures???
8 comments:
I'm sure Karen has lots. We lost ours when the camera died. So our replacements came from her.
what a beautiful afternoon you had. Just laying around in your hammock, reading a book, I can just picture the tranquility.
Glad you posted, and glad I read it. I will remember the little things more tomorrow.
And to do them for God......
Thanks, love, Randall.
p.s.
How was the venison steak?
I want to get my pajamas on now and curl up with a good book (and maybe nap!). Sounds like a very relaxing afternoon. Glad you had the opportunity to 'be still and know that He is God.'
Pictures? Some are already in the mail to you. BUT... I think most of them are from Fundy from your parents. I didn't have a digital at Irwin Lake and only have a few pictures. Most of them feature my two kids. I do believe I put in 2 pics though. Hope they help.
I'll look through my negatives again.
Keep swinging on that hammock. :D
Love ya, Karen
Since no one has Irwin Lake pictures we should just have a layout contest where we each get the same picture of Karen's kids and she gets to be the judge!!! LOL
I wouldn't mind that! lol
That's a hilarious idea Tante Tetcy. I had 2 of Irwin, but I can only find one- and a lame one at that. I don't have any of Fundy park (apparently, I didn't have a camera yet). The only ones I have of Upper Clements are those I can access on Facebook wich are really tiny when you print them. Talk about a quandry... I won't be able make any pages at this rate, How sad. Well, I'm taking a camera and hopefully lots of pics this time around. What can we do? It is still such a great idea, but without pics, it might be really boring. Let me know what's up...
~ Mary
I had like three of Irwin Lake, none of fundy and A LOT of Upper Clements park... none of you either though.. even though we had some prime scrapping moments huh??
I cant wait to see the final product of all our hard work!
That reminds me of your adventure,... when you got alot of scratches... what happened again?
Scratches???? What scratches???
Post a Comment