Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So What's Really Important.....

Lately it seems that there are so many things we HAVE to do....then some crisis pops up and you find out what IS important, and what you THOUGHT was important and really isn't.

How do you switch gears part way through and what will people think? Is it better to keep doing those things that all of a sudden don't seem to matter much? I look around me and there are so many people sacrificing their peace by their pace. They run ragged and seem so unhappy. They are so busy and complain about being on the go all the time. Sometimes that is me....when that's me, please remind me that I wrote this.....

This year, during this season, I feel so much peace. It's not always the case in February. It must be because I'm getting so much fresh air and sunshine on my face. I am blessed that God gave me a love for winter. This year He is loving me abundantly! So...I just keep shovelling and smiling and today someone asked, "Why are you so chipper?" And I thought, "Hmmmm....I am, aren't I!" But before my head gets too big......a long time ago, someone imparted some wisdom to me. "Smile and the rest of your body will follow!!"

We can only spend our time once. Make it count and do what matters. Are you passionate about what you are involved with? Is your heart in it? Are you honouring God with the way you are using your gifts? Are you letting people steal your joy? How's your peace meter? Do you find yourself standing outside with a snow shovel in your hand, staring up at the sky, yelling "Stop already!!!!".

....try the smile technique, what have you got to lose?

I know....easy for me to say. I just wanted you to know I'm having a "rainbow day". (See John Ortberg-"God Is Closer Than You Think" for more info on that one....)

3 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Wow.. that put the smile on my face. Preach it, Tetcy. Something we all need to hear once in awhile. Thanks!
So glad your rainbow is showing. :D
So much love!

The Nieuwhofs said...

isn't that the truth. Very well written piece. I think you could write a book, call it: Short pieces for the heart or something like that. It is so true though that we get soo busy, that we loose our peace. Thank you for that.
Love, Randall.

Matt n Amanda said...

thanks!