Tuesday, December 9, 2008

There is a Time To Sit and a Time to.....

...keep your feet up.

Just thought I'd give the world a little update regarding my current condition. I am going to be laid up for a few days and have to keep my feet up...I know... tough times. Yesterday I spilled a perc full of hot water on my ankle and suffered second degree burns. The kitchen was full of ladies and gentlemen doing dishes when there arose such a clatter of urns and percs falling to the floor. Hope I didn't swear.... I peeled my sock off right away and with it came all the skin. I know....yucky. (I think you will be glad that I am not posting a picture, although I know how meaningful it would be to Randall.....) Into a sink full of freezing cold water for 10 or 15 minutes and then, off to emerg where they wheeled me right through to be taken care of. I think we were home in an hour. Ray's Aunt Anne and Uncle Henry insisted on driving me to the hospital and stayed til I was released. Then they took me to their house to pick up some crutches and drove me home to the couch. (They're the BEST!!!) Within hours, meals began to arrive....and offers to help with the work that still has to be done at church. My first thought was. "I don't have time for this. THis is sooo inconvenient. There is so much to do!!" But everything is under control. I love my church family, always have , always will. And I really feel like they love me too.

It looks like I'm going to have some time to read those books that I was piling up to return to the library unread. I have a stack of Christmas cards ready to address and send off, which I was going to skip because it was such a busy season here. I was wishing that things might slow down for a while....be careful what you wish for. I hadn't anticipated that they would grind to a complete halt.

That's where I'm at....I'm getting ready to go to the doctor now. I have to find a shoe of some sort, I think a croc will work best. One hot pink croc and my periwinkle winter boots. What a sight that will be. I think I should take a picture of that...but first....time for a piece of cranberry raisin bread that arrived yesterday...

2 comments:

Mary and Isaac said...

Well, I hope your ankle mends quickly. I guess God had a break in mind for you! :) And so nice that people were so quick, ready and willing to step in and lend you a hand. What a blessing!
Love you!!
Happy reading and mailing off Christmas Cards... speaking of, I have one of those stacks too... :D
~ M

stampinganja said...

He Tetcy,

Hope it will get better soon!
It sounds painful to me, but to be done with your Christmas cards, wow that must feel good.
Take care, Anja