It's that kind of day.
I finished at the church yesterday after having lunch with some friends to celebrate a birthday. So today was an empty day. Until you fill it with stuff. I could have easily filled it with just scrapbooking.... As it is, I am just setting out on my first layout in a long time. The lads will be home soon and so much got done in between that's not scrapbooking....but still soooo worthwhile. Things to do don't feel so burdensome when an empty day stretches out in front of you and you can seize the opportunity to help out enthusiastically. Energetically. Upliftingly.
I got to paint a living room with Helina, I got to heat up left overs and have lunch with a friend, I got to go to the church and finish the visuals for Pentecost, and still have a half hour of silence in which I don't feel the need to lay down and have a nap. That was the past two days....
Ray and Craig are off to Algonquin. They drove up there last night, straight from work and school. I really hope it goes well, Craig is a bit nervous and hasn't slept well. I think also he is missing his momma. Ray hid a little Mother's day something and left a message as to its whereabouts on the machine. He does that!! Funny man! Today they will set out bright and early, put in a full day's paddle and set up camp quite a ways into the park, which is why they slept over at someone's house up there. Our neighbour's parents' house. Sun is predicted until Sunday-ish, with high teens during the day and 6-8 at night. I was thinking how that might feel last night when I let the dog out.....brrrrrr. So I have the little boys home and we are not planning tooooooo much. We don't have a vehicle, but anything we might need is within walking distance.
I keep finding really cool cardmaking sites. The first ones I found were in PEI when I googled my favourite paper line and clicked on 'images' instead of regular browsing. That's when blogs started popping up. Before that I only ever hit webpages with URL's. Sometimes you only find ones about scrapbooking but most of these are JUST cards AND I love the ones with sketches. A sketch is a template. Often one of the gals will make up the template and then there will be five cards by other designers using that template. Everyone gets different inspiration from that sketch, has a different style and uses different materials. I like checking out the links these ladies have on their websites. If you own a few Stampin' Up! stampsets...you should check out Splitcoast Stampers. They have their gallery organized in such a way that you can alphabetically find your stampset. You'll find tons of cards made with just that set under its own heading. Great for instant inspiration.
I have an idea just about ready to explode. I laid out the ingredients just before I left for church....
2 comments:
Hey Tetsy,
On top of your list in bold letters.........what an honour.
Ja ja, I know, it is in alpahbetical order but still..
Keep finding those nice sketches, I love them too.
They make the whole process of making a card so much quicker.
I look some up and then when I am doing my things I keep thinking of it.
Sounds like you have a nice weekende ahead of you with the younger boys, enjoy!!
Have to go make supper, see you soon, Anja
Thanks for the new links. I made Mom's card for Mother's Day and am quite happy with it. I really do appreciate it that you got me into this hobby. It's so nice to give cards to people. My aunt got one for her birthday this week and was quite thrilled. She showed all her friends. Awwww... nice feeling.
Enjoy your weekend. Happy Mother's Day! Love ya, Karen
Post a Comment