Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Stuff...

Yesterday our church hosted the annual Spring Fling. This event consists of a Youth Group breakfast, a GEMS yard sale, and a Cadet fertilizer sale. We made almost a thousand dollars!! The weather was beautiful! And after the whole thing was over I cleaned the church.

At night we had the school Spring Dinner, which was themed, a Taste of Portugal. We had a Portuguese singer and later there were folk dancers. The food was really good too! We went with friends of ours but whole families could go too. Maybe we'll bring the boys next time, maybe not...it's fun to just go with grownups too!

And I found people to help with the school Spring Drive, which is a fundraising drive we hold each year. Someone was working on it but had to step back due to a family emergency. So I either had to start calling again and lose time or just pick it up and get it going. I started out with prayer because this felt like a really big job. Especially because the kickoff date is Wednesday and four captains still had to be found, their packages put together, and letters written to put in the packages. I still had a day and a half of work ahead of me, a shopping trip planned, and the Spring Fling to clean up after. I asked two people to find two captains for me and I found the other two. I was so amazed...but that's what happens when God is on the job. It is so energizing to not panic, to think straight and get everything done. All four captains were found, they will find canvassers in their congregations, and they have their packages in their hands. AND....the laundry is caught up!

So it is a beautiful Sunday full of sunshine today. Ray is now jogging, but was sitting out on the deck earlier. It is 18 degrees on the patio. I sure hope it doesn't warm up to fast because then the crocuses and their friends will only last such a short time!!! I better rake their little blanket of leaves off before they get tooo tall.

I had a fun time shopping with my friend Helina, she was looking for a dress for her grandson's wedding and found one. I found a few things, mostly at Hobby Lobby! 8D I found a pad of My Mind's Eye paper. 180 sheets for 19.99! Of the same paper I had with me in PEI, only now I have 3 sheets of 60 designs each...the whole series. So that's super cool. I also got some metallic ink, glue dots, alphas (of course) and a stamp.... It was a fun trip and we had supper at Denny's two tables away from the smoking section. We almost burst out laughing when they asked...smoking or non....it just sounded so foreign.

SO that's about it for today.
I have a room to paint this week because Eddy is c0ming Saturday at midnight! We are so excited!! The drywalled wall is ready for primer and I think I will slap that on tomorrow morning before I clean at church. We have a funeral on Tuesday but we can still squeeze in Coffee Break and Little Lambs before that all happens. I don't anticipate too much work for the rest of the week but that is good because I really need to put my house back in to "array". (isn't that the opposite of disarray....)

3 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Lots of events to keep you busy lately. Sounds like fun. I don't think I've ever had Portuguese food. Can't imagine what it's like. ???
I'm so glad that you found the volunteers that you need. I'm in that boat too with VBS leaders. I need to pray harder and stop taking on the responsibility myself.
Sounds like you're having awesome weather. It's starting to warm up here. Apparently the whole week is supposed to be nice and warm. I'm clapping my hands I'm so excited. Did you know that it was 35 in the pool room yesterday? Heaven.
Sounds like you were in heaven on your shopping spree. A whole pad of My Mind's Eye paper. For $20 --A find! I have silver and gold ink and I really like using the silver on black paper. Gorgeous! I'm still having fun at my new hobby. :)
Have a good week dis-disarraying your house. I bet you're anxious to meet Eddy.
We'll 'talk' later. Love ya, Karen

The Nieuwhofs said...

Wow, you had a busy weekend. You didn't find a group to help you clean up? After all the other groups were done? AND you're caught up. Well done.
18 Degrees, sounds like summer to me. I played some catch with Caleb and Damaris this afternoon. It was about plus 8 in the sun. Just gorgeous.
I hope you get your house in order this week. Maybe Ray will help to bring the house in "array".
Have a great week. Love, Randall.

Matt n Amanda said...

so cool to see how God answers prayer. Its so encouraging!
I cant wait to hear about Eddy, I can imagine that he would feel right at home with you over there.
You always sound so busy. I hope that you still find time to relax, but being busy and getting things done can be really rewarding too. Have a super week and love you lots!
love amanda